The Health Department offers these how to steps.
* Use a new condom for each sex act.
* Put the condom on when the penis is erect, before sexual contact occurs. Unroll it all the way down.
* Leave a half-inch at the tip to collect semen. Squeeze out any extra air.
* If you accidentally put on a condom the wrong way, discard it and use a new one.
* For latex condoms, use only water-based lubricants (e.g., K-Y jelly, Astroglide, Kama Sutra, Liquid Silk).
* After sex, pull out before the penis softens. Hold the base of the condom to make sure its contents do not spill.
* Dispose of the used condom by wrapping in tissue or toilet paper and throwing away in a trash can—never flush down the toilet.
* Condoms should always be stored at room temperature (68-77oF or 20-25oC), and protect condoms from prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, direct sunlight and fluorescent light. Don’t carry condoms in your wallet or car for too long – this can make them break easily – and always check expiration dates before using them.
Here’s a video from Spike TV on How To Use A Condom Correctly.
The Talk With Amber Madison
How To Use a Condom Correctly
Tags: How To Use a Condom Correctly