Got You Eating Right, What You Need In Life: Water

Hey readers, I’m still sunning and funning in…well New York City, and why not? Staycation is the new Vacation! Here’s a vintage post from the early days of SFSG in 2008. -Madam Toussaint

Water. It’s about 60% of the human body and 75% of the planet, unless you’re Cannibus [lyrics]. I’m sure you’ve heard that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day. I’ve never believed this in this “one size fits all” regimen- it doesn’t even sound right. If my little brother weighs as much as 8 glasses of water why should she and I both be drinking the same amount. Studies vary, but your ideal water intake depends on your overall health, the amount of activity you engage in and climate/ weather.


[Generally,] if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce between one and two liters of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate. ~cnn.com

If you’re thirsty all the time and your urine looks like Sunny Delight, Mountain Dew or any other popular beverage you’re doing something wrong. On average, food provides about 20 percent of total water intake, while the remaining 80 percent comes from water and beverages of all kinds.

Don’t sleep, water is good for what ails you. Water flushes waste materials out of the body, carries nutrients to your cells, aides in weight loss, helps to regulate body temperature, and promotes healing.

Read more: Dehydration is More Common Than People Realize: How to Tell If You are NOT Getting Enough Water

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

CommentLuv badge